- August 11, 2017
As much as we would like them to work forever, according to the U.S. Department of Energy, air conditioners only last a maximum of 15 to 20 years, and many need to be repaired or replaced much sooner. Fortunately, you can watch for one or more telltale signs that your air conditioning is getting ready for a repair.
Signs Your Air Conditioning Needs Repaired
In the heat of summer, air conditioners will usually let you know if they are in need of repair. Following are some of the top signs to watch for:
- Doesn’t power on – First, check that the unit has electricity and the electric breaker is on. If all looks well, your AC needs to be repaired.
- Doesn’t blow cold – If your air conditioner doesn’t blow at all, there is probably something wrong with the fan. If it only blows warm air, then the coolant may have to be recharged.
- Water leaks – While air conditioners pull moisture out of the air and deposit it outside, water should not be leaking inside your home or office. The most common culprit in this situation is a clogged condensate line.
- Makes funny sounds – This is a common problem with old AC units. You may hear, squeaking, squealing, grinding or grating, and none of these sounds are good.
- Emits a strong odor – In most cases, unpleasant smells coming you’re your AC mean that your wire insulation is burning and must be replaced.
AC Repair in Sherman, TX
If your air conditioner is exhibiting any of the above symptoms and you live in the Sherman, Texas, area, contact a reliable and experienced HVAC contractor, such as Webb’s Electric, Heating and Air Conditioning. Our friendly, certified technicians can repair any make or model of air conditioner, and if you need more than AC repair, we also specialize in new installations.
For further information on AC repair and new central air conditioners, call us today at (903) 200-4584.